Village of Palmyra
REGULAR VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
Monday July 2, 2018
100 W. Taft St.
Pledge of Allegiance
(These reports are from Staff to Board members. No item in the reports shall be discussed or acted on by Board members unless it is specifically noted on the agenda that discussion may occur and/or action may be taken on that item. If the Board wishes to discuss an item in the reports, the Board will direct that item to be placed on the next Board agenda.)
Public Forum: Citizen’s statements should be limited to five (5) minutes per subject. Although the public may speak on any item that is not included on this agenda as a ‘Public Hearing or Forum’, the Board may not respond or discuss the issue brought forward at this time. In accordance with open meeting laws, the council must notice an item on the agenda to allow discussion on that matter. Your comments will be considered and may be placed on a future agenda for further discussion.
Consent Agenda: All items listed are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Board member so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent agenda and be considered on the regular agenda.
A. Approval of the following minutes: June 18, 2018 Committee of the Whole meeting and June 27, 2018 Personnel Committee Meeting.
B. Recommendation from the Committee of the Whole to award the bid for the painting of the interior of the Public Safety Building to Lakeside Painting.
2. Any items removed from the consent
3. Building Permits:
- New Business
Discussion and Possible Action on the Following Items
- Temporary Fermented Malt Beverage License for the American Legion for the Horse Pull event on Aug. 26, 2018
- Temporary Operators License for Dale Mitchell & David Turner for the Horse Pull event Aug. 26, 2018
- Operator’s License for Alexis Covarrubias, Diane Teuteberg and Jamie Koutsky.
- Home Business License for Wendy Lucht’s window treatment business.
- Direct Sellers Permit for Caleb Schmidt.
- Bills totaling $47,710.47.
- Treasurer’s Financial Statement for May
- Approval of final cost of banners for the Downtown Area
- Proceeding with 2018 Sidewalk Project Plan.
- Preliminary Resolution 2018-12, declaring intent to exercise special assessment powers under section 66.0703 WI State Statues.
- Library Director, Laura Gest resignation letter.
- Ordinance 2018-06, amending Ch. 20.01(6) Boating & Water Sports, Speed Restrictions.
This is the agenda for the 7/02/18 Village Board meeting as of June 29, 2018 and is subject to modification prior to said meeting pursuant to the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law. For additional information: Phone 262-495-8316.
Please be advised that agenda items may be taken in an order other that which appears here, and that the Village Board may choose to take action on any item listed on this agenda except topics brought up under department reports, committee reports and public input. It is possible that members of, and possibly a quorum of, other governmental bodies of the Village may be in attendance at the above stated meeting to gather information. No action will be taken by any governmental body at the above stated meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to in the above notice.
Requests from persons with disabilities who need assistance to participate in this meeting should be made to the Village Clerk’s office with as much notice as possible by contacting 262-495-8316.
Dee Dee Morateck,
Village Deputy Clerk/Treasurer